I attended Xavier University and earned my Bachelor's Degree in three years, attending school year-round. I then attended the University of Dayton School of Law and earned my Juris Doctorate in three years. I was admitted to the Ohio State Bar in 2004, after clerking for a highly reputable family law attorney, Jim Kirkland, from 2001-2004. After graduating, I began practicing with a focus on family law and have focused on family law ever since. I began my career working as an associate for Barbara J. Howard Co., LPA, a prestigious firm in Cincinnati. After working there for about six years, I joined Rittgers & Rittgers as a partner in Lebanon, Ohio and worked there for about six years. I then decided to open my own private practice in Lebanon, Ohio, which has been published in the U.S. News and World Report as one of the Best Law Firms in Ohio! The Law Offices of W. Scott Russell, LLC has more than 30 combined years of experience in family law.
I have been awarded many awards including, but not limited to, The American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Family Lawyers Under 40 in the State of Ohio, The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, numerous years of the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys Client Satisfaction Award, for the last seven years I have been named one of the Top Lawyers as published in the Cincinnati Magazine, the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Under 40, several years of the Top Attorneys in Ohio Rising Stars, a Super Lawyers selectee since 2016 (which is only 5% of attorneys in Ohio), and the Distinguished Lawyer Designation from the Expert Network which is only conferred upon the Top 3% of Lawyers in the U.S.
I have accomplished all of this while being active in the community, spending as much time as I can with my wife and our daughter, spending time with family and friends and being involved in various sports, camping, boating activities, camping and traveling.
I am a highly motivated person and will take a personal interest in your case!
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 2004
- Xavier University, Cincinnati
- B.S. - 2001
- Ohio, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2004
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
- Warren County Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child/Spousal Support
- Post Decree
- Civil Protection Orders
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Rising Stars, 2010, 2014 and 2015
- Super Lawyers, 2016- Present
- Cincinnati Area's Outstanding Young Lawyers, Cincinnati Magazine, January 2014
- Top Attorneys in Ohio Rising Stars, Cleveland/Cincinnati Magazine & Columbus Monthly, January 2015
- Top Attorneys in the Cincinnati Area, Cincinnati Magazine, January 2016 to Present
- Top Attorneys in Ohio, Cleveland/Cincinnati Magazine, January 2017
- 10 Best Ohio Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2014 to Present
- Top 40 Family Lawyer Under 40 in the State of Ohio, The American Society of Legal Advocates
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40, 2014
- Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Trustee, University of Dayton School of Law Alumni Board
- Trustee, Abuse, Rape & Crisis Shelter of Warren County